Shadow Hearts 2 UK PS2 Release Details
Date: 2005 February 19 08:55
Posted by Joe
Midway have sent us the details for the UK PS2 release of Shadow Hearts 2. It's due out on 11th March and RPG fans will know that it's been developed by former SquareSoft employees.
Fact Sheet as follows:
Shadow Hearts 2 is a sequel to the critically acclaimed first installment, released in 2001. Taking place over a year after the original ended, Yuri embarks on a new expedition set during World War I in a fantastical world of magic and creatures. Cursed by a secret cult that is taking advantage of the war to fulfill their evil ambitions, Yuri’s morphing abilities are weakened. Yuri and his companions must journey to find a cure for his curse and defeat the malevolent cult.
- Engaging. In-depth storyline featuring over 40 hours of immersive gameplay that is set during World War I.
- Huge Production. Intense gameplay, incredible dynamic music, impressive CGI and Real-time cutscenes, and licensed voice acting that will provide players with 2 DVDs full of content.
- Judgment Ring. Innovative combat system that not only allows players to choose which characters to bring to battle with the final outcome of the battle is based on the players’ speed and accuracy, but features team-based combo attacks and defense of formations.
- Complex Characters. Players encounter and control many unique characters, each having their own distinct personality, attributes, abilities, and subquest missions.
- Inventive Magic System. The implemented magic system allows players to select whichever character they want to cast a particular spell that they’ve earned.
- Harmonizer. Yuri is back and brings with him his ability to morph in to various creatures.
Platform: Sony PlayStation®2
Genre: Role-playing game
Age Rating: TBC